Chippy Chewy Bars
|48 bars||20 minutes|
- 0.5 cup butter
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 10-oz pkg REESE'S peanut butter chips
- 1.5 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp vegetable shortening
- 1 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan
- 1 fork
- 1 wire rack
Heat oven to 350°F.
Place butter in 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan. Heat in oven until melted. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over butter; press down with fork. Layer 1 cup REESE'S peanut butter chips over crumbs; sprinkle MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes over peanut butter chips. Layer remaining 3 cup peanut butter chips over coconut; drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top. Press down firmly.
Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Drizzle evenly over top of baked mixture. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
For lighter drizzle, use 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 teaspoon shortening. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Favorite Brand Name: Gifts From the Christmas Kitchen